Before you know it, the nutcrackers will pop up in storefronts, and you’ll be riding down Main Street Berlin in a horse drawn carriage, enjoying some hot, spiced cider! Well, only if you’re done with your holiday shopping, of course! So, why not free up your holiday schedule by snagging gifts early? Worcester County is loaded with amazing specialty retailers offering one of a kind gifts. Go beyond the big box and explore the local brick-and-mortar scene of our bustling historic Eastern Shore downtown districts. Here are 13 Local Specialty Stores Worth Exploring!
1. Uncle Jon’s Soaps • 12 William Street, Berlin, MD, 21811
Laundry soap, bath bombs, bath soap, lip balms, beard balms, beard oils, wet shave soap, shave supplies and even razors!
2. Olde Town Candy Co. • 102 W. Green Street, Snow Hill, MD 21863
A unique collection of old-fashioned candies of yesteryear and trendy, gourmet sweets!
3. Corner Shoppe • 100 Green Street, Snow Hill, MD 21863
Award-winning extra virgin olive oils and balsamic vinegars, soup mixes, marmalades, artisan-style food accompaniments and specialty gifts for the foodie.
4. Delmarva Discovery Center Gift Shop • 2 Market Street, Pocomoke City, MD 21951
Local, Eastern Shore-centric and regional books, educational toys, home decor and artwork crafted by local artists.
5. Heart of Gold Kids • 27 N. Main St., Berlin, MD 21811
Specialty children’s clothing boutique for cool babies, trendy toddlers and hip moms.
6. Jeffrey Auxer Designs • 19 Jefferson St., Berlin, MD 21811
Glass starfish, blown glass ornaments, and even lucky Christmas pickles… you don’t want to miss the gifting options in this glass gallery!
7. Toy Town Antiques & More • 207 N. Washington Street, Snow Hill, MD 21811
Awesome selection of antique toys, trains, planes, vintage signage, coins, for both the seasoned collector and hipster enthusiast.
8. Ocean Breeze Alpacas • 10304 Caleb Road, Berlin, MD 21811
The Breezy Barn Shop is open the last weekend of each month for fibers, hand knitted styles and other alpaca goods.
9. Hatland • 8103 Coastal Highway and 11429 Coastal Highway, Ocean City, MD 21842
Hats, hats, hats, hats, and more hats.
10. A Little Bit Sheepish • 2 South Main Street, Berlin, MD 21842
Two-story yarn store in the heart of downtown, historic Berlin. Knitting needles, yarns, patterns and more.
11. Brew’s Up! • 10019 Old Ocean City Blvd., Berlin, MD 211811
Homebrewing essentials for winemaking, beer making, cider marking including hops, yeast, sugars, grains and more.
12. The KiteLoft • 5th St. & Boardwalk and 67th Street, Ocean City, MD 21842
You’ll be blown away by the Kite Loft’s wide range of single line kites, stunt kites, windsocks, flags, garden spinners and toys!
13. World of Toys • 115 N. Main Street, Berlin, MD 21811
Massive toy store in the heart of Berlin with an unreal selection! Over 4,000 square feet of games and toys for all ages!