It’s that time of year – the season for giving! We hope you consider buying local, handcrafted gifts from the countless shops in Worcester County, but, if the gifting budget is tight or you know someone who has everything, may we suggest another idea? Give the gift of Worcester County.
Give a trip.
Give an afternoon.
Give an experience.
From small to large budgets — we’ve imagined 25 Worcester County Experiences Worth Gifting to get you inspired. From a week-long vacation to an afternoon staycation — use our guide as inspiration. You could make a December trip or just ahead now for warmer days! Gift cards or even homemade I.O.U. coupon books could help you craft the perfect gift of travel and adventure.
2) Pocomoke River Adventure. Kayak or canoe rentals. Coffee, lunch, or dining in Snow Hill. Maybe dry bags or other paddling gear? Why not charter an evening with Pocomoke River Cruises?
3) Winter Getaway. Gift a winter escape at a hotel or bed & breakfast for someone who will appreciate Worcester’s winter calm and beauty. Throw in a few gift cards to their favorite restaurants for dinner, or suggest dessert.
4) Chesapeake Ghost Tours. You could book a ghost walk in Ocean City, Pocomoke, Snow Hill, or Berlin for the history aficionado — or if available, just opt for Chesapeake Ghost Walks’ Atlantic Ghost and Graveyard bus tour.
6) Winterfest of Lights Night Out. Take the family to Winterfest for hot cocoa and a ride on the Winterfest Express. Or, just throw some Winterfest tickets in their stocking and let them go on their own!
7) New Year’s Eve Family Night. Ring in the New Year with the family in Berlin or Ocean City! You could make it an overnight staycation and even book a room. Get movie tickets or maybe just rent a movie to watch before or after the fireworks with your family!
8) Live Performance. Take the kids or parents to a performance right in Ocean City! Buy tickets for an upcoming musical, theater, or dance production at the Ocean City Performing Art Center, at the Convention Center.
9) Mini-Golf Starter Pack. Already have a trip planned for the summer? Gift golf now! Snag gift cards or passes from your favorite courses or just craft a homemade coupon book that the kids can redeem to you in the summer!
10) Surfing Experience. Schedule lessons with a local surf shop. If they’re no strangers to the ocean, maybe some surf shop gift cards for apparel or equipment will be a good fit?
11) Extreme Adventure. Make plans to rent jet skis, go parasailing, fly over Ocean City, or even go sky diving! There are plenty of ways to gift summer excitement. Seek them out now.
12) Deep Sea Adventure. Charter a fishing boat or even just plan a weekend anglers’ getaway for you and pops. Don’t forget the fishing license, beach chairs, buckets, surf fishing books or bait & tackle.
14) Week In Worcester. Commit to a few days or a full week of vacation! Never forget the look on their faces when you tell them you’re going on vacation. From condos in OC to bed and breakfasts in Snow Hill — Worcester County has you covered.
15) Big Day In A Small Town. Plan a day trip for you and someone special in Berlin, Snow Hill, Ocean City, or Pocomoke. Stroll the town, go shopping, have coffee, eat lunch or just grab dessert. Buy gift cards to help make it a reality.
16) Golf Getaway. Golfers in the family? Explore ways to gift greens fees, cart rentals, or clubhouse dining. Or, just book them a complete golf package and let them worry about the details.
17) Assateague Island Starter Pack. Give the gift of yearly access to Assateague Island National Park with an annual pass! (Mom, I hope you’re reading this). OSV passes are also giftable – but contact the park office ahead of time for details on what you need to make that Christmas dream a reality.
18) Crabbing Starter Pack. Crab pots, lines, coolers, etc., OLD BAY® Seasoning? Yep, you know what they’ll need to get started next summer.
19) Chug On Over To The Train Garden. Spend some quality family time at the Pocomoke River Canoe Co.’s perennial favorite — the train garden in Snow Hill.
20) Runaway Bride Walking Tour. Reserve a day to explore Berlin and the scenes from the major motion picture Runaway Bride (1999 film). Get a map at the Berlin Visitor’s Center, watch the film, and plan your trip ahead of arrival.
21) Local Time Machines. Consider an annual family membership to a County museum! Furnace Town Living Heritage Village, Julia A. Purnell Museum, Delmarva Discovery Center & Museum, Ocean City Life-Saving Station Museum, and Calvin B. Taylor House Museum are just a few to get you started.
22) Guided Eco-Tour. Get them on the water! Consider booking a private eco-tour in Worcester County’s waterways with Assateague Outfitters, a MD Coastal Bays Program/SuperFun Eco Partnership. or Ayers Creek Adventures!
23) Birding Enthusiast Starter Pack. Bird is the word in Worcester County! Plan a trip to Worcester or maybe participate in Berlin Birding Weekend. Birding field guides & binoculars are a good start.
24) A Day at The Park. Few would be sad with ziplines, high rope courses or water parks. Explore gift card and pass options for places like Jolly Roger Amusement Parks Splash Mountain or Frontier Town OC.
25) Foodie Wallet. Face it, some people just love to dine out. A wallet filled with $10 gift certificates to a handful of their favorite restaurants or some new ones would be most appreciated!
Go beyond the beach… Explore Worcester!