Looking for a great camping adventure? We’ve rounded up our top 5 picks. You don’t even need to have your own camping equipment to enjoy as many offer cabins and RV rentals. The best part, most allow pets!
- Assateague Island National Seashore and State Park – You don’t want to miss camping on this barrier island, falling asleep to the sound of the surf and seeing wild horses roam freely throughout the island. Voted ‘Best Beach Camping’ by the Travel Channel and “Top 100 Places to Take Your Kids Before They Grow Up” by Frommers.
- Pocomoke River State Park, located along the banks of the scenic Pocomoke River. This park provides an opportunity for visitors to experience the wonders of a cypress swamp and the tranquility of the lush Pocomoke State Forest. Camping here includes mini-cabins, a swimming pool and nature trails galore.
- Frontier Town, located near Assateague Island and Ocean City, this is truly a family-friendly campground with mini-golf, a water park, high ropes adventure, fishing pier and western theme park. Accommodations include campsites and vacation rentals.
- Castaways RV Resort & Campground – Waterfront campground on the Sinepuxent Bay with spectacular views of Assateague and the Ocean City skyline. Accommodation options include cottages, RVs & RV rentals, tent camping and they even have on site dining, nightlife and a bayside beach.
- Island Resort Campground, offering recreational vehicle sites and cabins that overlook two lakes stocked with fish for their catch and release program. Rent a kayak and fish, or take a day trip to enjoy wildlife on the bay. Enjoy a large heated pool or lakeside beach. This campground is located close to the beaches and the Pocomoke River.